Wednesday, July 2, 2014

How to load XML file located inside the folder of the application in window phone 8

Problem:

I have some onboard xml files which I needed to load into memory.  I was puzzling over how to load them into memory for use in my app.  I tried using XDocument library but I kept getting the error:
"Cannot find file '/XML Files/A.xml' in the application xap package.

XDocument doc = XDocument.Load( "XML Files/MyXmlFile.xml" );

This was not working.  I tried several variations but still was getting the error every time I ran to code.

Solution:
It turns out that my syntax was not the problem.  I needed to set the properties on the xml file correctly. 

1.) Build Action=Content
2.)Copy to output=Copy if newer (or Copy always).


Source:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4538874/how-to-load-xml-file-located-inside-the-folder-of-the-application-in-window-phon

No comments:

Post a Comment