Saturday, March 22, 2014

Issues with WP8_full.exe (Windows Phone SDK) causing win 8.1 crash

I have been battling this issue for the last few days.  I have done any number of fixes after trying to install the windows phone SDK onto VS 2012.  Once having successfully installed the SDK a reboot is required.  When you this the system never recovers upon reboot.  I have learned to have back up a restore point. This has helped me since I have tried any number of fixes to get this installed and working.  It is definitely an issue with the SDK install and the virtualization. 

There are a number of recommended fixes online which all revolve around issues with virtualization and the SDK.  I am trying a new wrinkle on the installation.   I have disabled the virtualization on my motherboard.  Now I am installing the SDK, and this did not fix the issue

This is an ongoing issue with a bad driver.  The HP box I am fighting with has a wifi/Bluetooth card from RALink RT_3290.  The driver I was using to upgrade to 8.1 was for 8.0.  The driver was not available from RAlink since they were bought out by MediaLink.  Once I located the correct drivers, I reinstalled the drivers and still had issues until I uninstalled the Bluetooth drivers and rebooted.


Mediatek 802.11 Wireless LAN Adapter Driver
By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP Software License Agreement.
Type: Driver - Network
Version: 1.00 (19 Sep 2013)
Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Mediatek Bluetooth Software Driver
File name: sp63302.exe (38 MB)
Type: Driver - Network -
Version: 2.9.19.0 (22 Oct 2013)
Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
File name: sp64041.exe (89 MB)

No comments:

Post a Comment