Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Error Code 1026 XDE.exe - Can not start Windows phone 8 emulator

I installed VS 2012 and the WP 8 SDK.  I built a simple application and attempted to start up the emulator.

I got the following error:

Application: XDE.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Cause:
It was unable to enumerate the vSwitches. when I opened Hyper-V manager and clicked on 'Virtual switch manager'. It gave me an error saying 'An error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches'

Solution:

This error, I was able to resolve by adding 'Hyper - V Extensible Virtual Switch' protocol in 'Ethernet Properties'
by Uninstalling and Reinstalling Hyper-V from 'Turn windows features on or off' in control panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment