Monday, September 29, 2014

Xamarin Error:No valid iOS code signing keys found in keychain

Problem:

I got this lovely error when trying to do my hello world program.  I just managed to complete the configuration of our development network and needed to test the iPhone compilation within Visual Studio.

When I went to build I got this error: No valid iOS code signing keys found in keychain

After some research, I found the Xamarin forums quite helpful and located this guide:
http://docs.xamarin.com/guides/ios/getting_started/device_provisioning/

The issue is the compiler on the Mac Host is trying to build out the final package for deployment to an iPhone device.  You need to register with as an Apple developer to do that.  Forunately or Unfortuantely, we are not ready to do that just yet with our App.

My issue was why can't I run the emulator in Visual Studio?

Solution:
  1. Right-click the Standard toolbar (the one which has the current configuration drop-down saying Debug, Release etc) and choose Customize… from the menu:
    [ ]
  2. Switch to the Commands tab.
  3. Select the Toolbar radio button
  4. Select the Standard toolbar in the list to the right of the radio button
  5. Scroll down the Controls widget till you see the Solution Configurations widget and select it
  6. Click the Add command... button:
    [ ]
  7. Choose the Build category
  8. Choose the Solution Platforms command and click OK :
    [ ]
  9. Click Close




Source:
http://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/getting_started/installation/windows/



8 comments:

  1. Hello. I've made the steps that you describe in your tutorial to solve the erros but still continue appearing, does any other subguestion?

    I'm using Visual Studio 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your hard about curating this interesting and problem solving post on Xamarin Error:No valid iOS code signing keys found in keychain is much appreciated. Helpful for Xamarin Developers.

    Thank you for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    Mobile App Development Company in Chennai
    Android app Development Company in Chennai
    ios app development Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Visit here for Penetration testing services and Software testing services

    ReplyDelete