I got this lovely error when trying to do my hello world program. I just managed to complete the configuration of our development network and needed to test the iPhone compilation within Visual Studio.
When I went to build I got this error: No valid iOS code signing keys found in keychain
After some research, I found the Xamarin forums quite helpful and located this guide:
The issue is the compiler on the Mac Host is trying to build out the final package for deployment to an iPhone device. You need to register with as an Apple developer to do that. Forunately or Unfortuantely, we are not ready to do that just yet with our App.
My issue was why can't I run the emulator in Visual Studio?
- Right-click the Standard toolbar (the one which has the current configuration drop-down saying Debug, Release etc) and choose Customize… from the menu:
- Switch to the Commands tab.
- Select the Toolbar radio button
- Select the Standard toolbar in the list to the right of the radio button
- Scroll down the Controls widget till you see the Solution Configurations widget and select it
- Click the Add command... button:
- Choose the Build category
- Choose the Solution Platforms command and click OK :
- Click Close