Monday, January 11, 2016

The Xap version number needs to be higher than previous version

Problem:

I ran into this issue when I tried to publish the latest version of windows phone application.  I had to refer back to my article,  http://fetchmytip.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-publisher-display-name-username.html


Key quote:

"Turns out that Visual Studio can't update two very important files, package.appmanifest.xml and WMAppManifest.xml.  These have to be done by hand."  This keyed me into the fact that the appxmanifest.xml file was not updated to what was set in the project.  The build process set the version to 1.0.0.0 regardless of what you set the WMmanifest too!!

Solution:

The version number for the wmappmanifest.xml was set in the project to correct value 1.0.0.3.  However, each time I built the xap the Appxmanifest.xml file listed the version as 1.0.0.0.  This is what the Store loader kept chocking on.   I had to manual change the version number in the appxmanifest.xml file to 1.0.0.3.  Once this was done I could upload the project to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment