Thursday, February 6, 2014

Creating a Custom List Form with SharePoint Designer 2010

I am stuck doing this with SharePoint Designer 2010.  I wanted to customize the new item form for a list.  I found several sources which gave the directions for using InfoPath.  I did not need this.  Finally found this article which describes how to create the new item form.

1.)Open-SharePoint-Designer
2.)SITE ACTIONS > EDIT IN SHAREPOINT DESIGNER TO OPEN SHAREPOINT DESIGNER 2010.
3.)I SELECT LISTS AND LIBRARIES FROM THE NAVIGATION PANE AND THEN SELECT your list FROM THE DETAILS PANE.
4.)Choose-New-Form
5.)Fill-Out-Form-Wizard

Now you can edit the form in SP Designer to your needs.

Source:
http://blogs.interfacett.com/sharepoint-designer-2010-creating-a-custom-list-form-with-sharepoint-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment