Monday, March 30, 2015

Event 4656 - Map error TFS when adding new solution

I had created a new TFS Collection and was attempting to add my first solution to the new collection.
Each time I attempted to add the solution to the collection I kept getting errors.  I then tried to map the local drive for my workspace and go the Access to the path is denied.  I checked the logs on the TFS server and each time I got the error I logged a 4656. 

I started digging since VS output window gave me the location

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft Team Foundation Local Workspaces

I checked the permissions for this folder and discovered that my local sa account did not have access to the folder.  Each time I was attempting to add the code to TFS it goes to this local directory as the account you are logged in as.  Added my permissions and the problem was resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment