Wednesday, April 8, 2015

How do I get just the SQL Server Management Studio?

SQL Server Express 2012 consists of the packages

Version:
11.0.2100.60
File Name:
ENU\x64\SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe
ENU\x64\SQLEXPRADV_x64_ENU.exe
ENU\x64\SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe
ENU\x64\SqlLocalDB.MSI
ENU\x64\SQLManagementStudio_x64_ENU.exe
Date Published:
5/14/2012
 
But How do I get just the Management Studio?

Run ENU\x64\SQLManagementStudio_x64_ENU.exe

I had to choose the following options to get the management Tools:
 1."New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation."
 2."Add features to an existing instance of SQL Server 2012"
 3.Accept the license.
 4.Check the box for "Management Tools - Basic".
 5.Wait a long time as it installs.

When I was done I had an option "SQL Server Management Studio" within my Start Menu.
Searching for "Management" pulled it up faster within the Start Menu.


 Source:
  1. http://www.jasonstrate.com/2013/05/get-just-the-tools-ssms-download/
  2. https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/pd/SQLEXPNOCTAV2/enus/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment